Like us?

Thursday, May 17, 2012

American Craft Beer Week


So this week is American Craft Beer Week.  I've been doing my part to support my favorite American brewers all week.  Of course I've been drinking my fair share of LTB brews but I've also had some Ninkasi, Fort George, New Belgium and Deschutes beers.  And they were delicious.  America.  Fuck yeah.

Gus and I are going to bottle our first batch of FergieWeizen tonight, keg the Apocalypso and maybe transfer the new Brown ale so I'm sure we'll also enjoy some craft beers.  And then in one week I'll be enjoying some delicious Apocalypso out of my kegerator.  I think we'll most likely be kegging the new Brown that we have fermenting so we can get Gus's kegerator working.

I think we're going to finally break out the all-grain brewing rig next weekend and brew up a new hefeweizen.  I'm hoping we can also brew another IPA with all of the hops that we have.  I've been reading up on Pliny the Elder and 90 Minute IPA clones and I'd like to make up a new recipe combining some of the things that go into both of these beers.  Maybe next weekend we'll brew that bad boy too.

Remember to support your local micro-breweries this week!  Freedom isn't free.