Like us?

Monday, May 7, 2012

2nd place

With the partaking of Barb's Birthday Brew and Southern Oregon Brewing's Black Heart Imperial Stout, as well as a glass of Ashtown's Raspberry Wheat, I have surpassed Babe Ruth on the career home run list with 756.  Only seven beers to go to pass Barry Bonds and get to 763* (the astrix not because I use steroids, but because I am drinking beers and not hitting home runs, but that's all semantics...)

Barb's cream ale was good.  I also tasted SOB's imperial stout against our St Helen's Stout.  The imperial was better, but that was too be expected.  Next I will taste ours versus a regular stout.

And Ashtown's beer was good, I can see why they want to open a brewery.  They have a cool 30 gallon home brew set up for the time being but have their permit application posted and are hoping to get into their actual home this year and finally be able to produce larger quantities and actually be able to sell some beer.  I also found out it will be on my way home, which could be trouble.  And that our other brewery hoping to open this year will also be on my way home.  So I can either drive down 15th to get home, which means I pass Hop N Grape.  Or take 12th home which means I will pass two new breweries.  I hope they have growler clubs...

No comments: