Like us?

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ninkasi Brewing


Gus's current favorite Sleighr is by Ninkasi. (going to the specialty store and Safeway tonight to see if anyone still has some). Ninkasi makes excellent beers, but I'm sure you already knew that if you are reading this.

The ancient Sumerians worshiped the beer they made, and praised the Goddess Ninkasi for the miracle of fermentation. Beer is a staple of civilization. Worship the Goddess. ~ Ninkasi

(I find it kind of funny that I cut and pasted that saying from their website and spellcheck corrected worshiped. I wonder if they have it spelled wrong on their beers too? I will have to check it out.)

This double dark alt is a thing of beauty. I would brew it next if anyone could find a recipe. It might be as good as Gunnar's Bad Santa. In fact, I wonder if he still has any on tap? He has been brewing for a year or so and lives a few houses down. Which is very handy since he has three soda kegs of beer in his garage and I know the garage code...

And Nate found another site.
Beer Labelizer

And has our first two beer labels.
(work in process)

Now we just need to figure out the bottle cap designer for our LTB bottle caps.

1 comment:

n8 b said...

Hop n Grape has some Sleigh'r left...