Like us?

Friday, January 27, 2012

Hop N Grape

I am perplexed. I don't know whether I like the Hop N Grape Beer Store more, or the Hop N Grape Tasting Room and Smokehouse BBQ. I had two New Belgium beers last night that I don't think you can normally get around here, and they were both lighter beers that were 8.5% ABV. The first is a collaboration with Elysian according to their website, and both are part of the Lips of Faith Series, whatever that means. I think its the name of the limited releases. I will have to seek out more of them.

I thought most strong beers were darker, but I was happy to find out I was wrong. New Belgium Kick was a cranberry and Pumpkin Sour that was sooooo good I almost ordered a second one instead of trying something new. But luckily I ordered the New Belgium Prickly Passion which was Prickly Pear and Passion Fruit, and it was just as good. They weren't too fruity, went down smooth, and had me a little tipsy just from two beers. I mean, I still had a Kona Koko Brown since you also can't get that around here and it is one of my favorites from Hawaii, but a guy could do alright with just the New Belgium beers.

There is also a rumor we may brew a third batch of beer this weekend. A NWPA named after the wiffle ball league, the CCWA NWPA.

1 comment:

n8 b said...

I absolutely love Hop N Grape! They have an amazing beer selection, a great smokehouse menu and an extremely helpful staff. I'll definitely be visiting them on a regular basis.