Like us?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Corona Familiar

Found a new beer at the store last night. (Well, technically I found lots of new beers but I only bought one because my fridge is pretty full of 22s still)

Corona Familiar

I believe the name is Familiar because it is almost exactly like Corona Extra. (as discussed on this blog) Basically it is normally sold only in Mexico but has made its way stateside I guess. My hope is that it will be more like the Corona you get when visiting Mexico, which always seems stronger than the imported stuff to me. I will find out tonight, last night I was already enjoying a 22oz Red Hook Pilsner and didn't feel up to 32 oz more beer while drinking by myself.

Also, hoping to have my computer back today or tomorrow and combine the couple versions of my beer list and finish it so I can get an accurate count. But I believe it's somewhere between 550-600 different beers, not counting those that I had the last couple years and don't remember so can't add them.

In the interest of not having more than one post each a day, a quick amendment here. While doing a little more beer list research I found a new blog thebrewclub and it has some pretty cool beer reviews, links and such. I will be adding it to the updated list to your left.

I am afraid that I keep searching for beers on my list, I will keep finding stuff to blog about. But I just read on Newcastle's site that they are making some limited release beers that might make mainstream stores. I love Newcastle Brown, and if their other beers are that good I will be a repeat customer. Even if my own brown is ready in a month...

And lastly I found another blog with plans for Nate's remodel of his storage area. The Pub Shed I even have a bar ready to be rehabbed. And if this won't fit in Nate's Storage shed I think it is time to remove our hot tub we never use and install a Pub Shed in its place. Thanks to the united nations of beer for the great idea. My planned spot would be close enough to the house that I could probably even splice cable out to this bad boy. And it would be right next to the deck for additional seating and right near the dining room doors which houses the liquor cabinet and the entrance to the kitchen, as well as a relatively short trip to the bathroom.

1 comment:

n8 b said...

I think that shed would look amazing outside your dining room Gus.