Like us?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Joy of Homebrewing



The Homebrewer's Bible
 I think I first read about Charlie Papazian's book two months before Gus and I brewed our first batch.  I was poking around on the Internet looking for home brewing tips and one of the first websites I saw recommended not only reading it but buying it so you will always have it.  I finally decided to take that advice and picked up my very own copy last night from Jim at Your Homebrew.
 
I had a pretty busy evening ahead of me so I wasn't able to crack the book open until late last night.  I read through the introduction and the history of beer and stopped just before the beginner's section.  Charlie has quite a way with words and I really enjoyed reading the first pages.  I'm thinking I'll really be able to tear into it tonight and finish my first read-through within the next week.

In other beer-related news, I have finally convinced my step-dad Bruce to start brewing.  He has talked about it for a couple of years now so he received a beer making kit for Christmas.  For his first beer he was interested in brewing a Deschutes Twilight clone.  While I was talking to Jim last night at the store he went into his binder and pulled out a copy of the Twilight recipe.  Bruce and I should be brewing it within the next week or two so the Twilight should be ready just in time for Summer.

1 comment:

Gus said...

hmmmmmm, twiiiilight.