Like us?

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ok, fine

I'm tired and don't feel like writing, but I will anyway to avoid being labeled a "no posting pansy".

For Memorial weekend, I went down to Cabo San Lucas with a couple friends to fish for roosterfish and relax a little bit. Obviously, I had to get my Mexican beers in during the 4 days I was there; Pacifico, Tecate, Sol, and Tecate Light being my choices.

Upon returning home, I finished up the work week with the Spring Heat Spiced Wheat Ale from Anheuser-Busch, Buffalo Bill's Orange Blossom Cream Ale (the only citrus-flavored beer that I have actually enjoyed), and another Mexican brew; Negra Modelo.

I spent this weekend out in the 509 doing some fishing and boozing it up in Spokane (which I found is completely overrun with annoying emo kids). During Elkfest on Saturday night, I asked our waitress what the most random beers they had were and she came up with Karma Ale from Avery Brewing. Not a bad beer, but I was pretty buzzed already, so I can't comment in detail. I do remember drinking it though, which is a far cry ahead of most of the night (thanks to several Jameson shots). The similarity to Dude, Where's My Car this morning in the condo when my buddy and I were trying to piece the sequence of events together was a little disturbing.

As I write this, I'm finishing off today's beer; Czechvar Premium Czech Lager. It tastes like lager. From the Czech Republic. In a green bottle.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Mind if I ask what a roosterfish is?