Like us?

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Little Diamonds in the Rough

Don't you love it when you're out of town and you stumble into a local bar and there are 6 or seven beers you haven't had yet or even heard of? Oh, and you also have a few days there so you can keep coming back for more? Me too. This last weekend(thurs-sun) I was down in Manzanita, OR (think Cannon Beach) and was staying at this beautiful 5 bedroom home on the ocean for a friend's 30th bday. On the first night we cracked a few brews, played some 8-ball and I had the following two beers. (These dates won't match when I was drinking them becuase I was catching up)

6/5/2007 Henry Weinhardts

6/6/2007 Henry Weinhardt's Summer Wheat

They tasted like, well, Henry's I guess.

The next day we sent to play some golf in the pouring rain, good thing we brought trash bags to wear over our clothes. Classy, I know. This is when we discovered Bill's Tavern. The next several hours are a blur because after drinking massive amounts of Bud Light during golf then drinking this heavy stuff, my mind was in a blender. The hot tub afterwards almost pushed me over the puke edge.

6/7/2007 Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Nectar - Wasn't my favorite of the bunch, but held its own.

6/8/2007 Marshall's Mighty Bitter - This is the first time my puke reflex acted that day.

6/9/2007 Smokey the Porter - Should not have chosen the Porter at this point, but the decision making skills were gone on hole 14.

6/10/2007 Bronze Ale - Aaah, refreshing. Time to drive back to the house.

The next morning I wasn't feeling so well, so me and the guys decided to head to Bill's again to see if we could clear our head's. The best part is while were doing this, the ladies are having a blast of their own at the spa and don't care what were doing. Perfect!

6/11/2007 2x4 Stout - Smart, got this one out of the way first. Thick as mud.

6/12/2007 Duck Dive Pale Ale - My favorite of the bunch including the day before.

6/13/2007 McMenamin's Ruby Ale - Felt a little gay and for some reason wanted to follow a road with the Roloff's. If you get this reference, wow!

6/14/2007 Blackberry Beauty - See the difference between showing up to the bar already wasted and not. Yesterday I saved the muddy stuff for last, today, finished off with a fruity one, its reminded me of Nate.

Now that I'm back in Seattle, I hit of the Wing Dome this week. Just love going in there an admiring my pic on the wall for eating the 7 alarm fire wing that they sell individually due to the chance of spontaneous ass explosion and colon corruption. I should market that wing to Hollywood types as a detox diet. "Eat one of these and call me when you can poop w/o it hurting." 3 days later, their 10 lbs lighter and light as a bird.


6/15/2007 Old Seattle Lager - My brother suggested this one. It was ok, but not as good for me as a lighter larger normally would be.

Last night I went out for another bday and since I had gotten up at 4:30am that day, I was dragging before it was time to go out. What do you do in that case, you run to the gas station and you find Sparks..... While at the gas station, what's this I see? A Spark's like drink for only 0.99 cents, it has to be good! Oooh, there's two flavors tooooooo, hooray!

6/16/2007 - 3 Sum - Get it, threesome, genius! I am sure that someone got paid a lot of money to think of that and it makes me sad. I coulda been that person.

6/17/2007 - 3 Sum Green Apple - Almost made my tongue rebel against me and hop right out of my fucking mouth. Seriously, it got and was heading to the exits. It was 0.99 cents though, I'll probably have it again.

1 comment:

Gus said...

Nice post. I want to have my picture on the wall for the 7 alarm wing too, but I hate fiery asshole burn as the japanese call it, so I only want to do it once...