Like us?

Monday, June 11, 2007

Laht Nappur

Here is me winning the family reunion golf tournament.

...And for the end of my busy week, I had a bunch of beers from the new brewery I found called Laht Nappur (Drink to Life) in Waitsburg, WA. The brewery is only a year or so old, with some outstanding beer. The owner went to study to open a vineyard, and decided he just liked beer too much and opened a brewery instead in Wine Country. I bought a couple growlers full, one of the Scottish Ale anniversary brew, and one of the hefeweizen that Abby said was outstanding. And since she was driving, I tried a bunch of beers. They serve big 4 oz tasters, small pints, regular pints, and imperial pints, plus growlers and mason jars and party pigs and kegs to go. Pretty sweet place and they are already expanding they are doing so well. Anyone up for a wine tasting/brewery trip to the east side?

6/10 Laht Nappur Cream Stout, Mike's Golden Ale, Laht Nappur IPA, Laht Nappur Oatmeal Stout, Laht Nappur Nut Brown.

I'll have the scottish and hefe this week, plus there is a pale but Abby drank most of it so I can't count that. Gives me a reason to go back though since they have other beers seasonally besides the Scottish. But I liked every one of these babies, plus now have 2 more growlers to fill at BJs when I am in Portland, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

on a sadder note, sometime during the last couple weeks either I drank two sam adams beers from my fridge and don't remember, or someone drank them for me. on a happier note, I get to go buy them again and drink them. yippee.

Also, I am at #280. Not sure how many days since I was using Nate's posts as my measure to make sure I was over double, but I am pretty sure I am still way ahead and going strong. Tonight as I type this I am not having a beer. On top of that I'm not having wine or liquor either, as I figured my body has deserved it after 4+ months of fun in a bottle... I may even go to sleep early. That's crazy talk.

1 comment:

n8 b said...

I don't know anything about the Sam Adams but I may have helped myself to a Double Diamond last weekend when I was feeding Lloyd & Harry....