Like us?

Monday, June 4, 2007

golfing and drinking

While golfing and drinking mix well together, golfing and trying to find new beers do not. Hence I had a lot of coors the last 3 days golfing. But I did manage a BBQ and some time at home relaxing, so I knocked off some beers from the list.

Siletz Lovin Lager, Dick's Cream Stout, Hornsby's Amber, and Rogue Smoke Ale. All 4 were pretty good, with the Hornsby's being something everyone has probably tried, the Smoke Ale being okay, probably best with some kind of smoked food like salmon (Try this one Trout), and the other 2 being actually pretty good. Most cream ales and stouts I have liked during this thing, and this one was no exception.

I also took third in 2 tournaments, and although the prizes weren't all that great, the golf was good, the weather was awesome, and I am getting steadily better, which will probably lower my handicap making it even harder to win, but oh well. At least there's beer.

No comments: