Like us?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Top Secret Ale a.k.a. Barb's Birthday Brew

Placeholder Cap
So last weekend was my girlfriend Barbara's birthday and I decided to surprise her with a batch of beer.  I went with a Cream Ale because that was one of her favorite styles.  I also know how much she loves the Southern Tier Creme Brule so I thought I'd try to make an Ale that was a little sweet with some nice vanilla flavoring.

This brew has only been in bottles for ten days so it's still a little early to know how it's going to taste but Barbara wanted to try one on her birthday.  Since I was extremely curious as to how this beer turned out I agreed and we threw a bottle in the fridge to let it cool.  After it chilled out for a few hours we decided to crack one open and check it out.  Read my review after the jump.



The Real Cap

Barb's Birthday Brew poured out a little flat but that was expected since it was still a very young beer.  It wasn't quite as creamy as I was expecting it to be but that should also increase as the beer ages a few more weeks.  But the taste, the taste was absolutely incredible!  It definitely reminded me of a cream soda.  At the same time it wasn't overly sweet and the vanilla didn't overpower you at all.  I cannot wait to see how this beer turns out after a few more weeks of aging.

The best part of all was that Barbara had no idea that Gus and I had brewed a beer just for her.  She was completely surprised and very happy that we made her "my very own beer".  Glad you enjoyed babe! 

1 comment:

James said...

That is really cool! Hats off on the scheme!