Like us?

Friday, April 13, 2012

Too many beers

I am tied with Clyde the Glide.  Not because I had a new beer at the Masthead.  Because they have 20 taps and I have had them all.  But because I had a can of Monk's Blood when I got home.  21st-Amendment does it again, with this limited release.  Read the link, you need to get some now before it is gone.  Belgian Style Dark Ale brewed with Cinnamon, Vanilla, Oak Chips and Dried Figs.

But I did have a tasty tray of beers at the Masthead, the ninkasi tricerahops, bridgeport ipa, fort george vortex, and rogue dead guy.  That is a pretty tasty lineup.  And surprisingly, although all four are excellent beers, 5/5 easy, the rogue was the best, and the bridgeport was the best of the ipas.  I need to drink more bridgeport.  They do good work.

And this weekend we finally are going to taste the 3 beers we bottled three weeks ago.  Opinions vary on the time to wait after bottling, but 3 weeks seems to be the consensus on home brew talk, so Saturday it is.  Add those to some stormtrooper and we can fill a taster tray this weekend.  Great Success!  Speaking of which, my uncle makes the trays and I found a great hookup for taster glasses.  For $20 you can get a taster tray and glasses, about $10-20 less than at most places.  Let me know if you need to get hooked up.

No comments: