Like us?

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

the First Stormtrooper



So last night was the first night that the Stormtrooper Imperial IPA was going to be ready to drink.  I had put it in the kegerator over a week ago and decided to slowly carb it over the course of the week.  I set my CO2 regulator to 12 psi and just let it sit in the fridge.  Last night my patience was rewarded.

The Stormtrooper is definitely not a beer for the faint of heart.  At roughly 7.6% ABV and around 120 IBUs this beer is a hophead's dream.  The mix of hops that Gus and I added to this one I think turned out great.  For having over 100 IBUs this beer really isn't too overpowering.  It has a very good malty base that really compliments the hoppiness of it. 

Tonight I'll be taking Gus a growler or two of the Stormtrooper so he can try it out.  I think he's in for a real treat.  While we're enjoying our IIPAs we'll be transferring the Top Secret Ale into the secondary and adding a few of our top secret ingredients.  It should be ready to bottle in another week and ready to drink by May.  I'm just hoping it turns out as well as our beers have so far.

3 comments:

Gus said...

um, yes please.

James said...

Keep in mind, that the human palate can not tell the difference of anything over 100IBU. At least, that is what the pros say... Not to mention, you actually have to have a lab test to really determine anything over 100. Looks good!

n8 b said...

Whatever Bill Nye the Science Guy