Like us?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I like most beers

I do.  I like most beers.

Which is why I am extra disappointed when I have one I don't like.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I finish it.  (Except that Hooch beer.  I wouldn't feed that to a dog to wash the taste of his ass out of his mouth.  It would work, but he would have to find something else more heinous to wash out the hooch aftertaste, and upon not finding anything would probably run into traffic.)

But normal micros and craft beers that just don't do it and have a bad aftertaste or whatever, really suck.  Nate has a more refined palate, and will actually turn down some beers.  He didn't want to taste the beers that had gone bad.  And won't drink something he doesn't like.  But after my experience with a few beers that had gone bad in the same month, now the next month I have now had two beers that I actually realized I didn't like.  Again, I finished them.  Actually am finishing one now.  But the Proletariat Red and The Monster Mash from Lompoc were just not good.  No other way to say it.  I might need another beer to wash the taste of the Red out of my mouth here in a little bit.

And realizing that their others beers were merely okay, I think I will move on down the line when next I see a beer of theirs I haven't had.  Plenty of other good beers to try.  Sorry Lompoc.

3 comments:

n8 b said...

The Lompoc does have some good beers, we'll get a keg from them each year for our wiffleball All-Star Game. We usually get the Fool's Golden Ale which is delicious or sometimes we'll get the C-Note IPA that's made with seven different "C" hops (crystal, cluster, cascade, chinook, centennial, columbus and challenger). You should try those before you right them off for good.

Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Gus said...

You are right, I have had both those and they are good. Great in fact. So maybe not written off, just not trying any new ones of theirs until I look them up first to see if they suck or not.

James said...

Was it some of your beer that went bad?