Like us?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Beer Advent

http://2012.beeradvent.com/
http://2011.beeradvent.com/
http://2010.beeradvent.com/
beeradvocate.com/community/threads/beer-advent-calendar

I can't believe I never thought of this before.  365 beers just doesn't work.  Too hard to drink every single day.  Or more importantly, too hard to only drink one new beer every day and not go over.  So the natural progression was to just see how many different beers I could drink.  Forever.  I am well over 1000 now after a bunch in 07-08 and then starting again this year and trying to fill in some from memory the ones in betwee.  (you know, during the lapse of focused efforts for the few years after I lost my list in 08 and during the time I moved, and since we were blessed with a son and now a second one).  But now I am again focused on the task at hand.

Wow, I suck at transitions, and that was a rambling paragraph.  But where I was going with that was, I am going to turn my wine fridge that we aren't using (drink a lot of beer, wine and alcohol kind of get forgotten) into a Beer Advent Calender.  I could just doctor up a couple empty 22oz boxes, but then the beer isn't cold.  And you can't drink very many beers warm, at least I don't like to.  Hence a use finally for the wine fridge.  I am going to have Nate stock it with 24 of the 80 or so awesome beers I already have ondeck.  Mix it up a little, make it exciting.  And even go to the store for a few surprises that I haven't had before.

My hope is that I will forget about half the stuff I have in the fridge anyways, and that plus the new ones will make for some good surprises next month.  And A Very Merry Christmas.  Hopefully have the ends facing out with numbers.  I'll post a picture once I get it done.  Something like this.

No comments: