Like us?

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Your quest, should you choose to accept it

Drinking Quest is my next must have of the season.  Not that I have time to play RPGs anymore as the few times we get together to drink are consumed by making beer and/or watching football.  But still, we need to get this and it was an excellent find by Nate.

Last night I had the Peste (another apoc beer) and it was a chocolate chili bock.  I learned that if you mix it with Oatis by Ninkasi, you get a drinkable beer.  Not that it was bad, its just that this is my second or third chocolate chili bock, and I really prefer fruit and spicy and not chocolate and spicy.  Plus mixing it made for a lot of very strong beer and putting down two 22s of dark beer proved to be too much and I still have a little saved for tonight, albeit probably kinda flat.

We have caps designed for the stout and barleywine and plan to order those and have a beer Wednesday night.  And maybe play Munchkin while the wife and kids are out for the night.  I know, we are crazy party animals...

And with these and a few new untapped badges, I will hit 1040 distinct beers tonight.  Somehow it only equates to around 900+ on untapped so somehow I missed a bunch when entering them all.  But I'll still get to 1000 on untapped soon.  Most likely in November.

No comments: