Like us?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Time for the Apocalypse

We had a successful tasting with a few of Nate's co-workers last night after work.  Or as we called it, a homebrewer's meeting.  Amazing that if you say you are going out for a beer that can be frowned upon, but if you have a meeting it's all ok.  The Judge IIIPA is finally gone.  So sad.  But the Fresh Hop Amber and Sunset Ales are in full swing.

We also made a stop at Hop N Grape for a glass of Drunkin Pumpkin by Fort George.  It was good.  I would buy that again.  And I needed to buy a few more Buffalo Bill's pumpkin beers and the strawberry beer for Abby to try.  After reading a blog yesterday that said they didn't like the Buffalo Bill's, I had to re-try.  Then it was home to feed the baby and have a Night Owl Pumpkin Ale by Elysian.

And then came the reason for the title of this post.

I asked my dad to get the Pumpkin Stout from the fridge but I was not specific enough.  And to be fair, there are a LOT of beers in my fridge.  I even said it was Elysian.  But I was referring to the Dark of the Moon Pumpkin Stout I had been saving.

Hence he came back with the Elysian 9th beer of the Apolcalypse, Blight Pumpkin Ale, and opened it before I could explain I was saving them all for December.  Shit.  But it was really good.  And I think I am going to just drink all of them one a day for the next week.  Kind of like a countdown.  I skipped the the one, the Beet beer, but my dad likes beets so now I may buy it just to try and complete the set, and he can drink most of it.  Or maybe I can make him buy it.  even better.

Regardless, this is your warning that on the 24th or 25th the apocalypse is coming.  Because I should finish the 8 or 9 beers by then.  Just FYI.

Also, I am at beer # 1023.  HOORRAAAY BEER!

No comments: