Like us?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Is July Here Yet?

Head on over to OregonCraftBeerMonth.com and start planning your vacation calender.  Besides BrewFest of course, I really want to hit up PuckerFest this year and finally go to Belmont Station as well as By The Bottle in Vancouver on the way down or back, or sometime this month at least.  I still have hundreds of beers to try at Hop N Grape of course, but it is fun to check out other places and maybe catch a few brews from some breweries Dave doesn't stock.  I am up to about 812 beers on my list or so with an IPA tasting planned for tonight during the next game of the NBA finals.  So should probably hit 816 or more tonight.

That would put me about 438th on the Career RBIs list, but the top of the list is unreachable up over 3000.  About 240th on the Career BBs list, but again, the top is unreachable.  Career doubles I have already taken 1st, amazingly the leader had 792, not too many more than Barry's home runs.  I also looked up career hits in the MLB, but that is out of reach.  (It was interesting to find though that Ichiro is 1st, 10th & 18th on the single season records.  That's like coming in first, second and fifth in a jack off contest, but with less mess.  Impressive to say the least.)

So I settled on Stolen Bases, because as it turns out I just passed Tim Raines at 5th and can get to 4th if I catch Ty Cobb at 897.  So I think 900 is my next mark to go for.  I was always fast in baseball and still am kind of fast in softball.  As well as tied for first in the wiffle ball league for SBs.  Henderson is in 1st with over 1400, so getting to the top will take awhile, but I am committed to excellence and will persevere and put in the hours, so I should get there.

No comments: