Like us?

Monday, June 11, 2012

806, tasting, and all grain




We brewed another batch of all grain, this time The Judge GYO IPA.  I think its a triple, since we had a couple buckets of hops we added over 90 minutes.  We got two carboys full of hoppy sweet goodness.  So my closet is happy again with 5 carboys full right now.  The keg fridge was a success with three beers on tap and more in bottles we had at least 5-10 visitors while brewing Sunday.  And everyone is nice enough to say they like all the beer so far, which is awesome.

And to top it off, we cracked a bottle of Fergieweizen and Apocaweizen (a blend of the Fergie and Apoc) and it tasted like Apocalypso.  No surprise since that's the stronger beer.  But it's cool we have a handful of bottles of the Apoc so I can take them along to fergie fest.  But between those and the Grain Belt Premium, I hit 806 yesterday.  I am moving up that Tennis career win ladder.

And if you haven't heard of that last beer, that is because my neighbor brought it over when he heard I was keeping a list of different beers.  It's a midwest staple, probably similar to a Schahfer or something like that.  The August Schell Brewery has a ton of what appear to be micros, but they are multi state and the bottles just look like they are all cheap beer.  But the beer wasn't that bad, and they may actually be one of those rare big breweries that actually does more than just lager.  If anyone has a multipack of their beers I would love to trade for something in our area.  Cheers!

No comments: