Like us?

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Stout Month

Stout Month is going strong at LTown Brewing.  We have one bottle of Mt St Helens Stout I have been saving for this month, aged one year.  We have our White Russian Stout and the barrel aged version we did this winter and both versions should be aged nicely by now.  I also have a number of stouts still in the fridge and in the beer closet aging.  And one of those a day along with other beers to be tasted has me at 1275 unique beers tasted over the past 4-5 years.  And the Festival of the dark arts at Fort George on Nate's birthday should check off at least 10 new ones as well.  The fact they are doing a blind tasting is awesome, and my money is on Nate to win if there is some kind of competition.  My palate is limited to phrases like "oooh, vanilla-e," or "wow, that strong, and good."  But I hope to try my best.  I'm also hoping to trade a couple stouts for other home brews, plus I have one more 12oz DCOIS from James which is aged over a year, so this month is shaping up to be a good one.

No comments: