Like us?

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stout Month part deux

Found some other cool art for stout month on Fort George's website.
As well as the image for the Stout Fest/Dark Art's Festival we are going to.

Having a stout a day this month is nice, but I am pining for a giant taster tray of stouts and can't wait for next Saturday.  My guess is that I will hit 1300 unique beers during the festival.

Last night I had the Lips of Faith series Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout from New Belgium.  It was too strong on the coffee, not enough on the chocolate for me, but still very good.  I actually saved a little for tonight to see if I like it better.  Might be a little flat but it's stout so should be okay.

On the 4th it was the 2012 Narwhal Imperial Stout from Sierra Nevada.  That was a really good one and I plan to grab another if I happen by the store anytime soon.  Even though I am still pledging not to buy any more beers until I empty out my fridges a little...

On the 3rd it was the Expedition Stout by Bell's.  We were lucky enough to get a few Founder's beers and Bell's beers in trade awhile back.  I am glad I saved a few for stout month but wish I had saved a Founder's breakfast stout too.  Dangit.

On the 2nd it was the Survival 7 Grain Stout by Hopworks.  Which is a great stout and one I don't mind having more than once.  Most of the HUB beers are pretty good so having one or two in the fridge at all times is a pretty good idea in general.  I wish they had bottled some of their crazy blended barrel aged stout (Stagediver I think?) that we had on our tour awhile back.  I would have bought some of that to keep for later.

And the 1st Stout of Stout month was Boatswain Chocolate Stout.  This is one of the trader joe's lineup, and I am amazed how good most of these beers are when they are only a buck for a 12 and 2 bucks or so for a 22.  Crazy chocolate flavor.

I hope to put my whole month's lineup here on the blog.  let's see if I follow through...

No comments: