Like us?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Schwarma!

Nate's Birthday aka: Stout Fest was a great success.  It started off a little sketchy, with a late start, and our plans to stop quickly at Rogue and Wet Dog hampered by zwicklemania crowds.  (It took 25 minutes to buy some sale gear and beers at Rogue and Wet Dog was too busy to get into to) The keg of Abby's Hef 2.0 kicked on Wednesday so we weren't able to try that on the way.  And we forgot a growler of the Lelooska, so I'll have to wait until next week to try that one.  And the blonde ale we tried was not ready yet.

But, we did try batch 2 of our IPA and that was excellent.  And getting there a little late was okay because I guess there was a line at two so getting there late not only did we find a crazy close parking spot which worked well for smoke breaks and IPA tastings later, we didn't have to wait in much of a line to get in.

And then there was the stouts.  We had a lot of them.  We got to try fresh Vortex IPA and go on a mini tour.  We met some new friends from untapped and instagram and met some of the brewers.  Even traded a few beers with Polish and I hope to catch up with him this week to see how he liked the IPA.  I of course ended up having too many tastes, preferring to stay and taste while the others explored the grounds, but all in all it was a good night.  We even had Schwarma Felafels (seasoned lamb) and Willie chanted them all the way home.  Unfortunately we also had oysters (I think) earlier that night, and I ended up tasting all of that twice on the way home.  But I felt great the next day instead of hungover, so I like to see the positive in that.

And as I type this, another memory just floated into my brain.  I'm pretty sure I started a happy birthday song to Nate on the patio at roughly 6ish.  If anyone was there and can confirm this, that would be great.

2 comments:

n8 b said...

You did indeed start a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" on the patio but I think it was closer to 5. Thanks again for that. And from what Willie was saying, the Schwarmanians sure know what they're doing in Schwarmania. And yes, you did have some oysters earlier on in the day. I believe I offered you one of my shooters and you had three. Well done!

n8 b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.