Like us?

Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years Resolution

I have a ridiculous number of beers in my fridges.  Just the fact that it is now fridges (plural) means that my new years resolution was easy this year.  And one I have a 50/50 shot of sticking with.  I will not buy anymore new beers until I get through what I have ondeck already.  It's still way over 50 beers to taste.  Not to mention all of our own beer we have made, the tons of beers that I have already had before but I had to buy a second time, and all the beer we are still making.

I pledge to not buy multiple beers at Hop N Grape until my ondeck stash is limited to single digits and/or one fridge and not three.

PS, I am at 1200 distinct beers.  I can't make Untapped match up with that figure without spending a day going through every brewery to see which beers I missed checking into, so at some point I may just have to cheat.

Like the guy I saw yesterday that had checked into a homebrew from Crockett Brewing I created a few days before and hadn't checked into yet.  Going in to my wish list and finding I am the 2nd to check into a beer was weird.  Even weirder was the fact that he got his newbie badge the day before, and WAS ALREADY UP OVER 600-800 beers in two days.  I have added some backlog in bunches before, but as soon as he ads beers he couldn't have possibly have tasted, you know he is full of shit.

Or the guy from Rio that checked in to one of our home brews.  Not likely stud.  You are a cheater.

But if they can do it, why can't I.  I think I'll just check into some shit beers I am sure I had a long time ago that I don't remember.  Or past versions of beers I have had.  I just want untapped to match my list without spending 6 hours at the computer...

I also completed the Advent Calender/New Years Countdown fridge on New Years.  There are still a bunch of beers in that fridge (see above) as I was thinking of going for Superbowl Countdown, but the photo taking, posting, copying, etc. to instagram, facebook, here, etc. were just too much.  Feel free to find all my sweet pics on facebook.  I've decided not to cut and paste for sake of sanity.

No comments: