Like us?

Friday, August 10, 2012

staying alive

An occasional post to keep this thing alive until we can get back to it regularly.  I missed brewfest in preperation for the baby coming last Saturday.  But after getting some baby furniture put together I brewed an all grain batch of 4 Cats Hefeweizen that Friday in preperation for Heather's wedding in September.  So all was not lost at L-Town Brewing.  I also stopped drinking for most of July in support of Abby not being able to drink.  Which means I have a TON of beer at my house still.

Well, the baby was born Saturday, hence me posting at 6:45 on a Friday morning.  With a 2 1/2 year old getting up between 6 and 8 every morning and a 1 week old getting up when ever he feels like it, beer making is on the back burner and beer drinking is likely back, but reduced to one or two every couple days.  That being said, the SNPA I helped Shaun brew last month is ready in time for Angela's birthday.  And I have one of those in the fridge.  And Garrett brought over a Russian Imperial Raspberry Stout that he brewed.  And he left an extra.  It was excellent and I want to drink the other one.  And one of Abby's co-workers has a husband who brews, and he posted on facebook he has a Chocolate Cherry Stout he saved for Abby, which means I get to try that too.  So excited.

And of course I have all the beers from my beer list to try with at least 60 ondeck still.  Including three very fancy Firestone Walker beers that Nate picked up, a true belgian, and a sour from Cascade Brewing.  Those 5 bottles are about $75 total so should make for some very tasty and expensive drinking.  Plus I have the first 6 beers of the apocolypse still chilling and I hope to finally try those at about $50 total.  Good thing I make a lot of the beer I drink.  Otherwise I would have no money at all.  After my hiatus I am at 882 beer tasted and even if I didn't buy another new beer I have 60 in waiting which will put me almost to 950.  Time to get started.  Well maybe in about 8-10 hours...

2 comments:

James said...

Glad to see you are still survinving! Hope you don't mind, I posted a link to your blog on mine. It is not nearly what you have, but hey...I just started!

James said...

I hate it when I misspell things! Survinving...what the hell?