Like us?

Monday, August 27, 2012

I love you IPA

After spending some time on the giant yard/paths/decks project that has been ongoing for two-three months (and was supposed to be done before the baby was born) I decided I also need to check on my  beer fridge.  And I found that the CO2 was empty.  Sonofa.... I just filled it less than a month ago.  Short version is that the keg of IIIPA has a bad seal I think.  But I plan to replace the regulator regardless, and start drinking the IIIPA but not keep the CO2 cranked on to that keg.  Luckily I am smart enough to know that I am too lazy to fix stuff immediately, and I bought a small back up CO2 tank last month.

But I cleaned the fridge, cleaned the taps and flushed each line with a half glass of beer (cloudy, but still tastes like beer, so of course I drank them) and had my first glass of IIIPA out of my fridge.  Not a bad day.  I have two kegs that are almost done, but I got tired of waiting for them to be empty to find the pressure problem.  Maybe I don't need to replace the regulator.  We will see tonight.  I posted a couple pics on facebook which is quicker than putting them here, so check em out if you are in to that kind of thing.

And I am at beer 914 or something with the help of Firestone Walker Parabola from Nate and a few other beers since last Wednesday.  Plus I have a couple more great ones ondeck.  And yes, still have over 50 others ondeck.  And probably need to brew some more beer soon.  So maybe this blog won't die after all...

Also a great add for southern comfort includes this photo.  Which will be my new avatar.  If anyone can find me a brown speedo to wear that would be awesome.

No comments: