Like us?

Friday, August 24, 2012

1,000, here I come

I just crested 900 different beers consumed with my 904th beer Wednesday.  I took a night off from beers last night (passed out with the baby sleeping on my chest if you want to get specific) but with today being Friday, plan to get back on the train and maybe even share a Parabola with Nate and Barb tonight.  Also open another Shaun's Pale and a Sierra Nevada to taste test again.  Shaun reported getting lots of head from the couple beers he opened the last couple days, so we need to investigate if that has happened with the couple I have had in the fridge for a week.  And I of course have tons of other beers to try and plan to get a few of those checked off this weekend while we enjoy our new deck.

I also picked up a few more 32 oz cans of the Moonlight Ale from Cold Spring and the Stone 16th Anniversary beer in addition to the 8th beer of the Apocalypse from Elysian.  Excited about all this, but comes with a catch.  For some reason the distributor didn't get Hop N Grape his cases of the 7th beer of the Apoc.  So unless his guy comes through with a case, I will miss one out of the 12 beer series.  Heres to hoping he gets hooked up so I can get hooked up.  It would be a shame to spend $100 on these beers and be missing one...

Also found a sweet site looking up a hard cider I bought. http://www.nonsnobbeer.com/  I got the Cherry Bomb, so hope it is better than the standard Hard Cider because according to this blog it sucks.  But according to one of the posts, the guy just doesn't know what "real" hard cider is supposed to taste like.  I will have to be the judge since we make our own.

No comments: