Like us?

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

drinking again

It's nice to be drinking again.  Not a bunch with two little kids at home, but a beer here, a beer there.  Finally had my bottle of MacPelican's from Pelican Brewery on the coast.  That was super good.  Also had bought another bottle of Red Rocket from Bear Republic since it was so good.  Shared both of these with my dad and we were both impressed.  MacPelican's was one of their more expensive beers at almost 9 bucks, but would recommend trying it at least once if not more often.  Red Rocket was about 5.50, and I think I should keep that in stock its so good.  Kind of like the Sierra Nevada harvest beers at 5.50 each.

But even better than that, I had a couple of the 32 oz cans of micro brew from Cold Spring in Minnesota.  3.99 for 32 oz, and they are good.  I mean good.  The Moonlight ale is a black and tan according to untapped, and the Ipa was really good.  I plan to get some more of these after I try the Almond Honey Weiss I still have waiting in the fridge.

And to address the lack of posting and pictures, we are now fully addicted to Untapped, posting the beers we drink and photos on that app.  So sorry this site is so bare.  We should be making some beer again soon, but as most of those pics end up on facebook, our little blog is hanging on by a thread.  Maybe once wiffleball is over Nate will come back.

No comments: